Tuesday, March 25, 2008

End Chapter One, Start Chapter Two

Quote to cogitate on:
Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other? ~God to Evan in the movie, Evan Almighty

Chapter 1, con't
We met with the IVF dr yesterday who could only tell us that his only explanation for the miscarriage was genetic defect. Lovely. Granted best that things went the way they did, but still, never a definitive answer. We can not test the frozen embryos b/c they're too big, but will check the next ones for sure... and it has its pros and cons like $4000 but we get the genders of them which we all know will just be verification that the only sperm Ed makes are male. ;) And that ends Chapter 1.

Moving to Chapter 2: Another Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET)
They drew labs yesterday to check my hormones and the HCG is ZERO, but my progesterone is still really super low, showing I haven't ovulated like I thought. But no big deal apparently. They started me on Prometrium, a progesterone supplement (oral, thank God), and I start Lupron on Wednesday (all set for the hot flashes and dryness! Bring on menopause!) and then go from there with the other hormones like more/different progesterone and the estrogen patches which I LOVE (seriously, they make me feel a.m.a.z.i.n.g.). I go the 4th for an ultrasound and bloodwork to check how things are going and when to actually start the progesterone and estrogen. Our dr does the transfers on April 23rd so we're tenatively set for then to move the 2 that are in the deep-freeze into the oven. It puts my due date around mid-January. Plan on if this takes for another winter akin to this one but with, somehow, more snow especially during the time when we're trying to travel to the hospital to actually deliver the baby(ies). But I'm getting ahead of myself...

No comments: