Saturday, March 15, 2008

I hate wallpaper

Ok, I don't hate it. I just hate taking it off and I hate the ugly stuff all over our house. I hate that I had to take the tank off the toilet to get the stuff off the wall and the toilet won't be usable til we paint the room b/c otherwise we'd have to take it off, put it on, etc. ANNOYING. I told Ed that our next room to paint is that bathroom and we're using the same stuff that we did in the living room b/c we have it around. Stonehouse, Ben Moore. I do something different when we redo the bathroom entirely at a later date.

So the weekend agenda is no longer the Pet Expo (damnit) but painting, sanding, and priming. I'd rather go stroll around the dogs.

Andy was over today and was his usual non-proactive help except for toilet tank removal and he was able to get the fixtures off the ceiling in the bathroom. He left after 3 hours (incl a lunch break) b/c he had plans that I didn't enquire about. When it comes to Andy, ignorance is bliss.

I think Mimi is coming over tomorrow to help with the painting but will probably just watch Mike as we putz with the house. Fine with me b/c someone has to do it. I do hope that Ed makes it a priority to get the childlocks on the cabinets (esp the bar which I'm really sick of having to put back together!) and the babygates. I doubt it though... There's got to be a service out there that will do the stuff for me. Somewhere.

Next week's plans are the usual activities (MyGym and Kindermusik) with Mike and I have a LFAI Board meeting on Tuesday. Dreading the meeting for some reason but I'm going out with MKP before hand which makes it easier. Mike also has a playgroup at a friend's house which will be fun. I just need to remember how to get there-- last time mapquest gave me terrible directions and the neighborhood is full of winding streets. Awful. But we haven't seen them for 2 weeks, so it will be nice to get together. I don't know what Ed's up to, if he's oncall or anything. Odin has great plans to persuade me to keep going for walks, despite the falling temps. I am really hoping to make a GSD file of the WordWorld dog and Big Bird and to learn how to make the really detailed files. Oh, Monday I'm going to talk with the personal training coordinator at the gym to get started with a trainer. After trying on new jeans and seeing the muffin top that was overflowing, I think it's time to do something about it. ;) The gym is 2.5 miles away too, so I have no excuse. They have daycare that's great and good yoga teachers and all the good stuff so really, again, no excuse. I think my problems are that I just like food too much and I simply am not fond of working out! The thought is though that if pay someone to make me go to the gym, then I'll go, and if I keep a food record I'll peel off the extra fluff. The record is really the only thing that's worked well in the past, so... I digress.

Ed wants to get to Home Depot soon so I need to get my face on and find some shoes for Mike and me. Maybe I'll just send the boys and go take a nap... mmm, sleep...

No comments: