Friday, March 14, 2008

Introduction

Per a request from The Ice Princess (you know who you are) out west, I am now making a blog for all to read. It will consist primarily of my day-to-day life with random musings and other writing and photos interspursed. There will be antecdotes to make you laugh and cry. Sometimes you might even be inspired to send a story to a friend. Feel free.

So... I guess if this is the beginning I should introduce myself. Though to do so, I need to figure out who I am and that just gets waaaaaaay to philosophical for where my little mind is at right now. The basic is that I am a mid 30's "stay at home mom and wife". I live in suburban Chicago with my husband, almost 1 yr old son, our dog (Odin) and our 2 cats (Hannibal and Gabby). We are by no means Ozzie and Harriet, though we aren't Ted and Peg Bundy either. I'd say closer to Fred and Wilma... but I don't have her figure. I am educated, went to a big 10 university and my blood runs green from it. I even have a master's but will be the 1st to say that the only thing my time in grad school got me, education wise, was I grew up socially and spiritually. Going to Orono, Maine for 15 mths will change anyone permanently; I was not immune. I am, technically, a registered dietitian though I haven't practiced in years and don't ever intent on going back to it. I use my education now just to help me in the kitchen (my favorite room in the house... ok, it needs to be redone, but I still could just live in there). I absolutely love food and cooking and feeding people the food I make and will tout that I'm possibly the best cook I know that's not professionally trained (close 2nd to a few people whom I know dearly). I love being crafty, taking pictures, being with my girlies, smelling the spring air, laughing with Michael (my son), and cuddling on the couch with the dog. Yes, I love my husband. I tend to over explain. I tend to be tangential. I tend to ramble. I wear my heart on my sleeve and have paid the price for it time and time again. I am stubborn and can be self-righteous. I stand up for what I believe in. I am passionate. I have lupus and tell people, not because I want sympathy or pitty but because they need to know about the disease. I don't like drama in my life but I love gossip. I hold my friends close and tight. I like my alone time but don't like to be lonely. I get annoyed by stupid people or when people don't pay attention when they should. Igorance is one thing (I'm ignorant when it comes to a lot of things, stupid I am not though), stupid is just a pain. I have about a dozen tv shows that I watch regularly. I tivo most of them. My favorite color is orange but I don't like everything I own to be it. It's more of an accent color to me. I am loyal. I worry more than I should. I cry easily. I'm obsessive about the way I run the house-- it kinda freaks Ed out I think. I refuse to ever mow the lawn. I can't keep plants alive except for shamrocks and a single philadendron. I regret things and I carry some old bitter grudges but am hoping to work through those to realize that they have made me who I am today. There are people I want to tell off and I know I never will. There are people I want to tell that I love and I never will. I am impulsive. I am a Taurus. I have not one single gray hair but I have wrinkles and scars and a tattoo. I want Botox and a boob lift and a scar revision. I could go on all night.

That, folks, is the tip of the iceberg but I think gives you a good starting picture.

No comments: