Thursday, May 29, 2008

Kids need manuals

OMG I'm having an anxiety attack... dang pampers.com website sending me articles on parenting and the mommy-guilt is full force. UGH! I'm doing my best, Mike is such a happy guy. We do 2 classes a week, music and a gym class (MyGym). I try to get in playdates, we go shopping, I play with him naming colors, shapes, animals. I sign as much as I can and I think that falls on "blind eyes". But I start reading these Q&A's about stuff and am freaking out that I've just been doing this all wrong.1. I don't brush his teeth *every* day. Probably 3-4x a week b/c he is so squirmy to it now that his molars are in. I'm convinced now that he'll have a lifetime of tooth decay and root-canals.2. I don't read to him a story everyday. We talk, we sing, but reading? Have you MET my kid? He won't hold still long enough to get through the 1st verse of Humpty Dumpty, let alone the Pokey Little Puppy! I'm sure he'll be behind in vocabulary and that it's going to effect his, well, his everything.3. The tv's on grown-up shows around him. Usually. But he doesn't watch them. I know he's picking up on stuff and will become a mob-hit-man, or an interior designer (the latter being pretty handy actually). Or... I am totally serious when I say he pays no attention to the tv. Seasame Street, Let's Go Show, Telletubbies, nothing keeps his attention for more than like a minute at most. 4. I give him a bottle occasionally AND he still uses a binky (but only at night). Its soothing for him and helps him chill out. Convinced he's going to have huge oral fixations as a result, be a smoker, a nail biter, over eater, etc.5. He doesnt like milk. He'll only drink like 5-7 oz a day. I give him cheese, yogurt and butter for calcium and fat, but what kid doesn't like milk? I'm going to be that wacky mom, aren't I?I know there's more but I can't think right now. Can we say "too many hormones?" Someone peel me off the ceiling, please!!!

No comments: